WASHINGTON, March 30, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Blackboard Predict, Blackboard's leading predictive learning analytics solution, today received a "High" ranking in all five key criteria of the Eduventures Analytics Market Overview. Eduventures, an independent higher education research division of The National Research Center for College & University Admissions, evaluated the strengths and weaknesses of enterprise analytics solutions from multiple vendors and released those results in a new report.
To be included in the report, a vendor's solution must be standalone; targeted at either learning or operational analytics; and be evaluated through vendor interviews, a product demonstration, and follow-up conversations. The report ranked solutions in five key criteria including:
- Maintainability: Must be responsive to any changes, such as new questions users may discover because of the iterative analytics process.
- Privacy and Security: Adheres to best practices and prevents unintended disclosure of personally identifiable information (PII) through sound statistical methods.
- Suitability: Fully meets certain critical use cases, including:
- Acquiring data from source systems.
- Ensuring data quality through the rectification of anomalies and inconsistencies.
- Unearthing patterns or insights from the data, using sound analytics models.
- Developing clear reports that illustrate findings.
- Providing alerts or indicators to highlight areas where stakeholders should act.
- Usability: Provides users with an easy way to manage, review, and understand the output of the analytics.
- Compatibility: Integrates multiple, external, heterogeneous data sources.
Blackboard Predict is a retention solution that combines data from multiple sources with predictive modeling to help faculty and advisors identify students at risk and proactively intervene. Data within Blackboard Predict can be integrated with an institution's existing workflow systems.
"We're proud of the strong ranking that Blackboard Predict received in all five of the key criteria evaluated," said Brook Bock, Vice President of Student Success at Blackboard. "It's yet another proof point underscoring the impact our learning analytics solution is delivering for our institutional partners."
According to the report, "Its key differentiator is how well it allows for sharing of output analytics to enable institutions to act. For institutions considering a solution that would fit within established analytics processes, Predict is a strong choice."
"Our research shows that Blackboard Predict stands out not only by how it weaves its analytics into an institution's analytics process, but how it draws a deep connection between the output of the analysis and the next steps an institution might take," said James Wiley, Principal Analyst at Eduventures.
About Blackboard Inc.
Our mission is to partner with the global education community to enable learner and institutional success, leveraging innovative technologies and services. With an unmatched understanding of the world of the learner, the most comprehensive student-success solutions, and the greatest capacity for innovation, Blackboard is education's partner in change.
D'Anthony White, Blackboard Inc.
SOURCE Blackboard Inc.