WASHINGTON, May 1, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Blackboard Inc., the leading education technology company for teaching, learning and student engagement, today unveiled Blackboard Classroom, a comprehensive solution designed to help K-12 schools and districts differentiate instruction, increase student engagement and boost teacher productivity.
Blackboard Classroom integrates a comprehensive set of learning tools that districts can use to create a rich digital learning environment and support differentiated instruction at scale. The modern learning management solution incorporates both synchronous and asynchronous learning and collaboration tools to promote digital literacy and college and career readiness. Specific components include:
- A state-of-the-art, learning management system (LMS): Blackboard's LMS provides the foundation for personalized, competency-based, and mastery learning.
- Cutting edge, HD video web-conferencing: A real-time collaboration platform helps districts cultivate digital collaboration and implement flipped learning.
- Interactive, rich digital content: Teachers have numerous options for engaging students with interactive content and a global, cross-platform learning object repository. The repository includes open education resources (OER) such as CK-12, Khan Academy, and SAS Curriculum Pathways, and gives users the ability to create and share content with a global network of educators.
- Mobile apps with responsive design for parents and students: Blackboard Classroom's mobile apps include fully interactive, offline access, helping to promote anytime, anywhere learning for students with or without Internet access.
- Class, school and district-level reporting: Administrators and educators are empowered to make informed, data-driven decisions with Blackboard Classroom's real-time analytics and data visualization that allow them to track, analyze and monitor learning performance.
- Bi-directional student information system integration: Data flows seamlessly between Blackboard Classroom and student information systems to drive adoption, reduce the burden on information technology staff, and save time for teachers.
"With Blackboard Classroom, we have the data we need for making data-driven decisions. It gives us actionable data to make the program better," said Mike Agostinelli, Instructional Program Director at Montana Digital Academy. "We're using that data to keep refining and improving educational opportunities for students across Montana."
Blackboard Classroom saves school districts critical resources, time and energy so that administrators and educators can focus their efforts on their core mission of teaching and learning. As a fully cloud-based solution, Blackboard Classroom makes managing a digital learning environment stress-free and enables districts to benefit from innovation and enhancements without interruption to their schedule.
Blackboard Classroom integrates seamlessly with popular productivity tools such as Google, OneDrive, Dropbox, and Box. In addition, Blackboard Classroom includes full implementation services to drive successful adoption, with Blackboard experts providing training and expertise throughout the entire implementation process and after.
"Today's students and parents demand and deserve an education that is engaging, personalized and accessible," said Todd Schmid, Vice President of K-12 at Blackboard. "With its unique all-in-one design and robust set of learning tools, Blackboard Classroom will play a crucial role in helping school systems meet those expectations. We look forward to continuing to partner with innovative districts nationwide to create rich digital learning environments that meet the needs of every student."
To learn more about Blackboard Classroom, visit http://www.blackboard.com/k12/solutions/blackboard-classroom.aspx.
Our mission is to partner with the global education community to enable learner and institutional success, leveraging innovative technologies and services. With an unmatched understanding of the world of the learner, the most comprehensive student-success solutions, and the greatest capacity for innovation, Blackboard is education's partner in change.
Shawnee Cohn, Blackboard
202-303-9053 | email@example.com
SOURCE Blackboard Inc.