WASHINGTON, July 11, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Thousands of educators, administrators and education thought leaders will gather for BbWorld and DevCon 2017. The annual conference brings together the education community to foster knowledge sharing and promote best-practices for utilizing technology to enable student learning, progression and success. This year's conference will take place July 24-27 in New Orleans, Louisiana.
BbWorld features over 150 sessions focused on K-12, higher education and business and government clients. The conference also features DevCon, a day-and-a-half agenda focused on developers. The event will highlight how Blackboard is partnering with its clients to drive success for their learners. Some notable highlights at this year's conference include:
- Over 150 sessions focused on empowering students to realize their potential; engaging professional development; enhancing the teaching and learning journey; fostering inclusive education; leading institutional change; optimizing the student experience; and preparing students for the workforce
- Keynote presentations by Blackboard Chairman, CEO and President Bill Ballhaus, lifelong educator and former Second-Lady Dr. Jill Biden and STEM advocate and NASA astronaut Dr. Mae Jemison
- BbWorld LIVE, the digital live streaming complement to the conference, presents over 17 hours of free programming, featuring an exclusive interview with Dr. Temple Grandin
- Dedicated accessibility track highlighting Blackboard's commitment to fostering inclusive education for all learners
- Over 30 DevCon sessions dedicated to the art of integration techniques, system administration and learning analytics including a presentation from leading Machine Learning thinker and CEO and Founder of Fast Forward Labs Hilary Mason
- Attendees representing over 25 countries across Europe, Africa, Latin America, Asia, and Australia
- First-ever US Moodle Moot at BbWorld featuring 30 diverse sessions along with a keynote presentation by Moodle CEO and founder Martin Dougiamas
- Innovation Center where industry leaders will highlight new ideas, integrations, and prototypes, and engage in discussions on the opportunities and challenges to innovating in edtech
- Community Knowledge Bar where attendees can meet one-on-one with Blackboard product experts, learn from their peers and connect with the Blackboard Community
"This year's BbWorld will showcase how we are partnering with our clients to help them drive success for their learners," said Blackboard Chairman, CEO, and President Bill Ballhaus. "We have put together a packed three-day agenda filled with sessions on best practices and knowledge sharing, Blackboard product roadmaps, thought leadership, and networking for education leaders."
For up-to-date information and to register for BbWorld 2017, please visit www.bbworld.com/.
About Blackboard Inc.
Our mission is to partner with the global education community to enable learner and institutional success, leveraging innovative technologies and services. With an unmatched understanding of the world of the learner, the most comprehensive student-success solutions, and the greatest capacity for innovation, Blackboard is education's partner in change.
D'Anthony White, Blackboard Inc.
SOURCE Blackboard Inc.