Event to be held in Darwin from 6 to 8 September
SYDNEY, Aug. 16, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Blackboard Inc. today announced the program for its Teaching and Learning Conference 2017, the company's annual event that brings together the education communities from Australia and New Zealand to talk about pressing challenges in education, facilitate networking and promote knowledge sharing. The event, which will be held at the DoubleTree by Hilton Esplanade Darwin, from 6 to 8 September 2017, will be preceded by several pre-conference activities, taking place on 5 September at the Charles Darwin University.
The Teaching and Learning Conference will feature over 50 presentations and sessions, giving educators and experts the opportunity to hear from peers, share best practices, and discuss how to improve academic success and drive learning outcomes. A specific track will be dedicated to Moodlerooms clients, with a keynote delivered by Martin Dougiamas, founder and CEO of Moodle.
Other featured speakers include:
- Professor Adrian Miller - Pro Vice-Chancellor of Indigenous Leadership, Charles Darwin University
- Dr. Michal Tsur - Co-founder and President, Kaltura
- Dr. Simon Eassom - Philosopher, Educator and Futurologist, Global Education Industry Strategy and Solutions Leader, IBM
- Katie Blot - Chief Strategy Officer, Blackboard
- Lee Blakemore - President, Blackboard International
"I am excited about this year's conference," said Lee Blakemore, President of Blackboard International. "We will have three days packed of sessions, workshops and presentations addressing some of the most pressing challenges education is facing in the region, including student engagement, assessment design and graduate employability. It will be a unique opportunity for our clients to share experiences and ideas."
On Tuesday, 5 September, the Charles Darwin University will host the following pre-conference events:
- DevCon 2017 – for system developers and administrators to get the latest about Blackboard's solutions
- Academic Adoption Day – for academic developers and instructional designers to get suggestions on how to improve technology adoption and evaluate key pedagogical practices
- Moodlerooms Enterprise Day – for Moodlerooms Enterprise clients to discuss and learn about future developments.
For more information or to register please visit: https://experience.blackboard.com/TLC-ANZ/
About Blackboard Inc.
Our mission is to partner with the global education community to enable learner and institutional success, leveraging innovative technologies and services. With an unmatched understanding of the world of the learner, the most comprehensive student-success solutions, and the greatest capacity for innovation, Blackboard is education's partner in change.
Massimo Morigi, Blackboard Inc.
+44 (0)20 7534 2063 or Massimo.Morigi@blackboard.com