LONDON, April 1, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Blackboard Inc. has announced its annual Teaching and Learning Conference, which will gather educators, technologists and industry leaders from Europe, the Middle East and Africa, at the University of Groningen from 6th to 8th April.
Educators from over 120 universities and institutions across the region will be meeting to participate in over 60 presentations, workshops and training sessions, to share best practices and look to the future of student engagement and education.
The topics announced for the 2016 conference will include the use of analytics in education, mobile technology as a way of engaging and educating, and the continuing successful adoption of technology to improve student outcomes. Representatives from Blackboard, the world's leading education technology company, will also provide an insight into the company's products and consultancy services.
This year the event keynotes will be presented by:
- David Price, OBE, a leading futurist and Senior Associate at the Innovation Unit, a not-for-profit enterprise committed to solving social challenges in London
- Neil Morris, Professor, Chair of Educational Technology, Innovation and Change in the School of Education and Director of Digital Learning at the University of Leeds
- William (Bill) Ballhaus, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President, Blackboard
- Matthew Small, Managing Director, International, Blackboard
"The Teaching and Learning Conference acts as a crucible for ideas and innovation in education. It's a chance for the leaders in education to share their insight and look ahead to the future of education," said Matthew Small, managing director, international at Blackboard. "The impact of universities, higher and further education institutions is wide-reaching, while the challenges increase year by year. The world has changed and continues to change. Our conference provides a forum for discussion and a networking platform, and opens the door to collaboration, the sharing of best practices and the exchange of innovation."
A series of pre-conference events will also take place on 4th & 5th April:
- The Blackboard Developers Conference will share introduce systems administrators and developers to the latest APIs, Web Services and Building Blocks needed for creating engaging technical content.
- The second annual Academic Adoption Day is dedicated to academic developers, instructional designers and all those involved in championing the use of Blackboard across their organisations.
- The Student of the Future day, realised by StudyPortals, will give anyone working in international education the chance to discuss and discover insights about the next generation of students and the future education landscape.
About Blackboard Inc.
Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company. We challenge conventional thinking and advance new models of learning in order to reimagine education and make it more accessible, engaging and relevant to the modern day learner and the institutions that serve them. In partnership with our customers and partners in higher education and K-12 as well as corporations and government agencies around the world, our mission is to help every learner achieve their full potential by inspiring a passion for lifelong learning. For more information about Blackboard, follow us on Twitter @Blackboard.
Any statements in this press release about future expectations, plans and prospects for Blackboard represent the Company's views as of the date of this press release. Actual results may differ materially as a result of various important factors. The Company anticipates that subsequent events and developments will cause the Company's views to change. However, while the Company may elect to update these statements at some point in the future, the Company specifically disclaims any obligation to do so.
Massimo Morigi, Blackboard Inc.
+44 (0)20 7534 2063 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Blackboard Inc.