SEOUL, South Korea 1 October, 2019 – Blackboard is bringing together educators, administrators and industry leaders for its annual Teaching & Learning Conference Asia 2019, which will take place at the Grand Hyatt Seoul on October 14 to 16.
The education technology event will feature sessions, workshops and presentations focussed on the most relevant topics for the industry, including improving access to education, enhancing curriculum with technology, driving student success through educational insights and optimising the student experience through digital and blended learning. Experts will also have the opportunity to learn how Blackboard is driving the next wave of innovation in EdTech and hear the latest about its integrated EdTech platform.
This year, keynotes will be delivered by:
- Dr. Sanghoon Bae – Vice President of Student Affairs and Director of Student Success Center, Sungkyunkwan University, South Korea
- Professor Michael Sankey – Deputy Director, Learning Transformations, Learning Futures, Griffith University, Australia
- Dr. Gregory Winslett – Deputy Director, Digital Learning, Institute for Teaching & Learning Innovation, University of Queensland, Australia
- Phill Miller – Chief Learning & Innovation Officer, Blackboard
- Tim Tomlinson – Chief Product Officer, Blackboard
- Jim Chalex – Vice President of Product Management
“We are entering the fourth industrial revolution and with that will bring significant changes to the education landscape here in Asia and across the globe,” said Philip Murray, Regional Vice President of Asia at Blackboard. “Our first time hosting an event in Seoul, this year’s Teaching and Learning Conference will allow those in the industry to discuss these changes and identify the technologies such as cloud computing, automation and AI that will ultimately enable institutions to thrive in a digital world.”
Additional highlights at this year’s conference include:
- Opportunities to meet Blackboard industry partners, including Futurenuri, Amazon Web Services, EesySoft and Kaltura.
- Demo Booths for an in-depth technology training and demo sessions on future tools
- The Community Knowledge Bar, an area to engage with Blackboard product experts and connect with the Blackboard community.
In addition to the main conference, the following events will take place on Monday, 14 October 2019:
- Developers Day 2019 - for developers and administrators to hear about Blackboard’s increasing support for third-party integrations and how technologies such as REST APIs, LTI and Caliper can be used to enhance and extend Blackboard Learn.
- Academic Adoption Day 2019 - for learning designers and advisors, education developers, lecturers and support teams to better understand how to generate active learning and learner engagement experiences using Learn Ultra and Open LMS.
For more information or to register please visit: https://bbtlcasia.com/home/registration/
Our mission is to partner with the global education community to enable learner and institutional success, leveraging innovative technologies and services. With an unmatched understanding of the world of the learner, the most comprehensive student-success solutions, and the greatest capacity for innovation, Blackboard is education’s partner in change.
Rahayu Rahim, Blackboard
+65 9626 8524 or Rahayu.Rahim@blackboard.com