RESTON, Va., Feb. 11, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Blackboard Inc., a leading education technology company for teaching, learning and student engagement, today announced the winners of the 2019 Blackboard Exemplary Course Program (ECP) Awards.
Established in 2000, the Exemplary Course Program Awards recognize instructor excellence in course design. Blackboard offers this free program to recognize faculty and course designers from schools, colleges, and universities around the world who develop engaging and innovative courses that represent the very best in technology and learning.
“Instructors and courses recognized by the Exemplary Course Program are seen by their peers as setting the bar for engaging learners and maximizing academic outcomes for students,” said Lee Blakemore, Chief Client Officer & President, Global Markets at Blackboard. “We’re proud to honor instructors who work tirelessly to improve their practice and students’ online learning experience.”
The winners below demonstrated excellence in course design, interaction and collaboration, assessment, and learner support:
- Anica Cisneroz, Angelo State University, Professional Writing for Educators
- Kinsey Hansen, Angelo State University, Structure and Organization
- Crystal Mealer Butler and Darryl Thornton, DBA, The University of Alabama, Self-Managed Mentoring
- Miranda K. Webster and Morgan Milstead, The University of Alabama, Principles of Food Preparation
- Dr. Han Nee Chong, Hawaii Pacific University, Technology in Education
- Ramesh Muthukumarana and Caitlin Howe, University of Arkansas System eVersity, Introduction to Public Health Principles and Practices
- Dr. Jessica Potts, Davidson Academy Online, Early Civilizations
- Patti Marinelli, University of South Carolina, Beginning Spanish II
- Jackie Pica and Dr. John Willey, Columbia Southern University, Fundamentals of Speech Communication,
- Brandon Hageman, Mid-State Technical College, Strategies, Tactics, and Incident Management
- Alison Consol, Wake Technical Community College, Graphic Design I
- Crystal Watts, Beaufort County Community College, Introduction to Criminal Justice
- Dr. Stacey Russell, Beaufort County Community College, Music Appreciation
- Dr. Kimberly Mullis, Beaufort County Community College, Math Measurement and Literacy
- Dr. Krishna Pakala, Boise State University, Thermodynamics I
- Cheryl Kula and Dr. Freda Braddock, Columbia Southern University, Learning Strategies for Success
- Wendy Schuster, Lanier Technical College, Principles of Fraud Examination
To learn more about the Exemplary Course Program, visit https://www.blackboard.com/resources/are-your-courses-exemplary.
About Blackboard Inc.
Our mission is to partner with the global education community to enable learner and institutional success, leveraging innovative technologies and services. With an unmatched understanding of the world of the learner, the most comprehensive student-success solutions, and the greatest capacity for innovation, Blackboard is education's partner in change.
Hillary Marder, Blackboard