BRISBANE, Australia 13 August, 2020 – Blackboard Inc. will host a virtual version of its annual Teaching & Learning Conference Asia Pacific (TLC) on 26 and 27 August. The conference will be reimagined as a fully virtual free experience, broadening its reach to bring together the education community from across the Asia-Pacific region.
“It has been a challenging year for all and for those in the higher education sector, and now more than ever it’s important for us to come together as an education community to share and learn from one another,” said Yves Dehouck, Vice President Asia Pacific at Blackboard. “By moving to a virtual TLC experience, we will be able to bring together an incredible group of thought leaders and industry experts from across the region to share best practices as we define the future of EdTech.”
The two-day event will feature keynotes from Blackboard executives, industry-leading clients and guest speakers, as well as informative client-led sessions featuring case studies and showcasing Blackboard innovations. The event will address key areas such as pedagogical resilience and institutional continuity planning, student success through data driven educational insights and improving the learner experience through innovation and emerging trends in EdTech.
This year, keynotes will be delivered by:
- Professor Peter Francis – Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Northumbria University, Newcastle, United Kingdom
- Dr. Samson Tan – Head of Centre for Innovation in Learning (IN-Learning), National Institute of Education, Singapore
- Kathy Vieira – Chief Strategy, Portfolio and Marketing Officer, Blackboard
- Lee Blakemore – Chief Client Officer and President, Global Markets, Blackboard
- Tim Tomlinson – Chief Product Officer, Blackboard
Additional highlights include:
- Exhibition Hall - live chat with Blackboard experts and partners
- Interactive panel sessions - Approaches to Online Assessment, Five Lessons Learned in a Pandemic, The Rapid Changes within Education with Blackboard at its Core, and Students’ Psychological Comfort with Remote Teaching
- An entertaining conference including social and interactive activities
- Blackboard award winners showcasing excellence in the Blackboard community of practice
For more information or to register please visit: https://bbtlcapac.com or follow @BlackboardAPAC on Twitter and #TLCAPAC for updates.
Blackboard is a leading EdTech company, serving higher education, K-12, business and government clients around the world. We connect a deep understanding of education with the power of technology to continuously push the boundaries of learning. Our mission is to advance learning together with the world's education community, so that all learners, educators and institutions can realize their goals today and prepare for tomorrow.