PHOENIX, AZ, April 1, 2019 -- Blackboard Transact today announced the winners of the 2019 Transact Distinction Awards.
The Transact Distinction Awards honor clients in the community for their mission and evangelism of elevating the student experience through innovation and excellence using and promoting the Transact ecosystem of solutions. Winners are selected by a cross-functional team of Transact experts.
This year the inaugural Transact Distinction Awards were announced at the Transact annual users’ conference, Spring Training, in San Diego, CA in March. Winners were presented with their awards and recognized for their achievements on stage.
"We value both the relationships we have with our clients and their innovative uses of our technology. We’re proud to recognize our inaugural Distinction Awards winners for their outstanding accomplishments and their tireless commitment to the students they serve," said David Marr, CEO of Transact.
Winners & Award Categories
Distinction Award for Student Experience: This award honors those institutions whose technological innovations have markedly improved the total student experience. This includes their addressing of new and changing dynamics in fields such as student recruitment, engagement, and retention.
- Payments powered by Cashnet client: Tyler Junior College, Tyler, TX
- Transactions & credentials client: University of North Carolina, Charlotte, NC
Distinction Award for Marketing & Outreach: This award honors those institutions who have creatively and effectively promoted their technological advances on campus. Awardees will have used a variety of marketing efforts to enhance the visibility and value of campus credentials, payment plans, or other technology initiatives that elevate the institution’s brand.
- Payments powered by Cashnet client: Ohio University, Athens, OH
- Transactions & credentials client: University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, Whitewater, WI
Distinction Award for Innovation: This award is for institutions who are on the forefront of campus technology innovation. It recognizes campuses who have developed and implemented high impact technology strategies that scale. Awardees will have developed practices and/or technologies that have had a measurable effect on the student experience. The Distinction Award for Innovation recognizes institutions that actively promote the widespread adoption of innovative technologies with the potential to provide superior student experiences, frictionless administrative workflows, or greater institutional intelligence.
- Payments powered by Cashnet client: Western Washington University, Bellingham, WA
- Transactions & credentials client: This year’s winner is a collective award for our initial Mobile Credential Schools. These schools were instrumental in working through releasing a first-of-its-kind innovation. The winners are:
- The University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
- Duke University, Durham, NC
- University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK
- Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
- Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
- Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, CA
Our mission is to partner with the global education community to enable learner and institutional success, leveraging innovative technologies and services. With an unmatched understanding of the world of the learner, the most comprehensive student-success solutions, and the greatest capacity for innovation, Blackboard is education’s partner in change.
Massimo Morigi, Blackboard