LONDON, May 9, 2019 -- Educators, learning specialists and thought leaders from 11 European countries will gather in Newcastle on 14th–16thMay to take part in Blackboard’s annual Teaching and Learning Conference. The event will celebrate its tenth year as an important milestone on the calendar of university learning professionals from across Europe. The delegates will take part in debates, discussions and workshops covering topics such as accessibility and inclusivity, educational integrity, educator empowerment, student retention and success.
The conference welcome and keynotes will be delivered by:
- Professor Peter Francis, Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Northumbria University
- Professor Kevin Bell, Pro Vice-Chancellor, Digital Futures, Western Sydney University
- Bill Ballhaus, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President, Blackboard
- Kathy Vieira, Chief Portfolio Officer, Blackboard
- Phillip Miller, Chief Learning and Innovation Officer, Blackboard
Hosted by the prestigious Northumbria University in Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK, the Teaching and Learning Conference features more than 50 breakout sessions, hands-on learning experiences and networking sessions, giving education leaders from across Europe the opportunity to learn about the latest in education technologies and discuss the trends that are shaping the way education is being delivered worldwide. The three-day event will conclude with the presentation of the Catalyst Awards, which recognise and honour innovation and excellence in the Blackboard global community.
“Blackboard prides itself on its role as a crucible of ideas for the education community. This year we are marking the tenth anniversary of the Teaching and Learning Conference by staging an event that looks at the future of learning, recognising the strides that have been taken to improve accessibility, quality and the effectiveness of education,” said Oleg Figlin, Vice President Europe at Blackboard. "By addressing the challenges and sharing knowledge during the three-day programme, we are hoping to shine a light on what can be achieved, providing everyone with insight and networking opportunities that will benefit them in their work as educators.”
In addition to the main conference, the following events will take place on 13th-14thMay:
- DevCon 2019- Monday 13thMay – the annual day and a half event for developers to learn about the changes in the Developer experience
- Academic Adoption Day 2019- Monday 13thMay - an engaging and collaborative workshop to address “Learning, Teaching & Assessment with Ultra”
- Designing Exemplary Courses– Tuesday 14thMay - introducing participants to Blackboard’s Exemplary Course Program (ECP), a research-based quality rubric and peer evaluation programme.
For more information and to register visit http://bbtlceurope.com/.
Our mission is to partner with the global education community to enable learner and institutional success, leveraging innovative technologies and services. With an unmatched understanding of the world of the learner, the most comprehensive student-success solutions, and the greatest capacity for innovation, Blackboard is education's partner in change.
Massimo Morigi, Blackboard
+44 (0)20 7025 4808 or email@example.com