Sydney, 25 August 2016 - Blackboard Inc. today announced the details of Innovate & Educate: Teaching and Learning Conference 2016, the company’s annual event that will gather educators, technologists and industry leaders from Australia and New Zealand at Rydges World Square, Sydney, from 29 to 31 August.
Educators and experts from over forty institutions will be attending over 60 presentations, divided into five thematic tracks addressing educational challenges facing the region such as graduate employability, student engagement and international competition. Hearing from peers and industry leaders, the teaching and learning community will have the opportunity to share experiences, best practices and actively contribute to the broader conversation around learners and institutional success.
On 29 August, a specific track will be dedicated to Blackboard’s open source customers. The presentations will feature news about products, services and roadmaps for Moodlerooms and Enterprise Moodle customers.
Keynotes will be presented by:
- Professor Louwarnoud van der Duim, Head of Educational Support and Innovation, University of Groningen, Netherlands
- Professor Shirley Alexander, Deputy Vice-Chancellor and Vice-President (Education and Students), University of Technology, Sydney
- Martin Dougiamas, Founder and CEO of Moodle
- Bill Ballhaus, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President, Blackboard
- Katie Blot, Chief Strategy Officer, Blackboard
“The Teaching and Learning Conference represents an unparalleled chance for the leaders in education to collaborate, share their insight and discuss new ideas,” said Bill Ballhaus, Chairman, CEO and President at Blackboard. “There is growing pressure on universities, vocational education institutions and corporate organisations to support and facilitate student and employee success, while their challenges increase every year. We are delighted to promote a gathering where our customers can exchange innovative ideas and look ahead to the future of education.”
Curtin University’s Manager Learning and Teaching Systems, Mr Gordon Cunningham said Curtin was keen to attend this year’s edition.
“The Teaching and Learning conference is a unique opportunity to have an open conversation with other experts and learn from leading institutions. We are very much looking forward to meeting with specialists from across the region and beyond,” Mr Cunningham said.
A series of pre-conference events will also take place on 28 August:
- The Developer Conference will introduce systems administrators and developers to the latest APIs, Web Services and Building Blocks needed for creating engaging technical content.
- The Academic Adoption Day will be dedicated to academic developers, instructional designers and all those involved in championing the use of Blackboard across their organisations.
About Blackboard Inc.
Blackboard is the world's leading education technology company. We challenge conventional thinking and advance new models of learning in order to reimagine education and make it more accessible, engaging and relevant to the modern-day learner and the institutions that serve them. In partnership with our customers and partners in higher education and K-12 as well as corporations and government agencies around the world, our mission is to help every learner achieve their full potential by inspiring a passion for lifelong learning. For more information about Blackboard, follow us on Twitter @Blackboard.
D'Anthony White, Blackboard Inc.
SOURCE Blackboard Inc.